Close Menu
    What's Hot

    High Court Overturns Takeover of Cheddar’s Oxford No.1 Hotel, Orders Receiver to Return Keys Immediately

    August 21, 2026

    Maame Serwaa Celebrates 20 Years in Ghana’s Film Industry From Child Star to Veteran Actress

    August 20, 2026

    King Paluta and Takyi Kay Drop New Song ‘Fa Ma Me’ as Ghana Music Fans React

    August 20, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » ‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
    Uncategorized

    ‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit

    By Kenneth Nii Tete AnnanFebruary 19, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Phillipe Coutinho says he is leaving boyhood club Vasco da Gama because he is “tired mentally” and his “cycle at the club has ended”. The former Liverpool and Barcelona midfielder was substituted at half-time after being booed by fans during Vasco’s win on penalties over Volta Redonda last week.

    Coutinho, who has 68 caps for Brazil, watched the rest of the game from the bench in the second half. In a lengthy, emotional statement on Instagram, the 33-year-old says he is leaving Vasco because “now is the time to take a step back”.

    “I would never disrespect the fans, my teammates, and Vasco. I’ve never done that anywhere I’ve been. Those who know me know that,” he said.

    “At that moment, on the way to the locker room, I felt and realised that my cycle at the club had ended, and I didn’t come back to prioritise my mental health.

    “It hurts a lot. The truth is that I’m very tired mentally. With a tight heart, I understand that now is the time to take a step back and end this cycle in Vasco. “I’m grateful for everything I’ve learned here. I’ll take Vasco with me forever. In the chest. In history. In life. he, added

    Vasco has not confirmed Coutinho’s departure.

    Since returning to Vasco for a second term in 2024, Coutinho has made 81 appearances and scored 17 goals. He started his career at Vasco, then joined Inter Milan, and later moved to Liverpool in 2013. He scored 54 goals in 201 games for the Reds before joining Barcelona for £142m in 2018. He later had stints at Bayern Munich, Aston Villa, and Al-Duhail before returning to Vasco.

    “I chose to go back to Vasco because I love this club. I love everything that Vasco represents in my life,” added Coutinho. “Wearing this shirt was one of the most important choices I’ve ever made. And, in every training session, in every game, I gave my best. Always!”

    Coutinho Vasco de gama
    Previous ArticleOMCs commence fuel price increases
    Next Article President Mahama passes 24-Hour Economy Authority bill into law
    Avatar photo
    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan
    • Instagram

    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan is an entertainment writer and pop culture analyst focused on Ghana’s fast-evolving media and celebrity landscape. He covers music, film and viral trends with a sharp editorial perspective, analyzing the stories behind the headlines and their cultural impact. His work blends timely reporting with thoughtful analysis, helping readers understand the business, influence and conversations shaping modern entertainment.

    Related Posts

    Entertainment

    BBNaija Season 11: Neche Voluntarily Leaves the Show After Just 22 Days

    August 18, 2026
    Entertainment

    Kweku Flick Breaks New Ground, Sings in Latin on New Single ‘Frangō’

    August 5, 2026
    Entertainment

    From Afrobeats to Hollywood: Ayra Starr Makes Her Big-Screen Debut

    July 28, 2026
    Featured

    Police intercept over 1,000 vehicles in Greater Accra over illegal sirens

    July 21, 2026
    energy

    ECG announces planned power outages in five regions

    July 20, 2026
    business

    Azumah Resources dismisses reports of foreign takeover of Black Volta Project

    July 9, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    High Court Overturns Takeover of Cheddar’s Oxford No.1 Hotel, Orders Receiver to Return Keys Immediately

    By Fay FlexAugust 21, 20260

    Court Nullifies Receiver’s Takeover of No. 1 Oxford Street Hotel, Orders Immediate Return to Kensington…

    Maame Serwaa Celebrates 20 Years in Ghana’s Film Industry From Child Star to Veteran Actress

    August 20, 2026

    King Paluta and Takyi Kay Drop New Song ‘Fa Ma Me’ as Ghana Music Fans React

    August 20, 2026

    Burna Boy and Tems Earn 2026 MTV VMA Nominations as Afrobeats Category Disappears

    August 20, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Fact-Checking Policy
    • Editorial Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.