Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » Pakistan Launches Deadly Air Strikes on Afghanistan
    Crime

    Pakistan Launches Deadly Air Strikes on Afghanistan

    By Constance AwunorFebruary 23, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Pakistan carried out multiple air strikes on Afghanistan overnight, which the Taliban reported killed at least 18 people, including women and children, according to the BBC.

    Islamabad said the strikes targeted seven alleged militant camps and hideouts near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, following a series of recent suicide bombings in Pakistan. The Pakistani Ministry of Information and Broadcasting described the attacks as “a retributive response” and said they focused on members of the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), affiliates, and the Islamic State-Khorasan Province.

    The Taliban condemned the strikes, saying they hit civilian areas in Nangarhar and Paktika provinces. In Girdi Kas village in Nangarhar’s Bihsud district, a local man, Shahabuddin, told reporters that only five members of his 23-person family survived the attack, while a Taliban spokesman confirmed that 18 people had died. Earlier reports by the BBC indicated around 20 casualties in the area.

    In Paktika province, a guesthouse and a religious school in the Bermal and Urgun districts were targeted, but officials and locals told the BBC that the buildings were empty at the time.

    The strikes come after a fragile ceasefire agreement between Pakistan and Afghanistan in October 2025, following deadly cross-border clashes. Despite the agreement, sporadic violence has continued along the two countries’ 1,600-mile (2,574 km) mountainous border.

    Pakistan accused the Afghan Taliban of failing to act against militants operating from Afghan territory, claiming it had “conclusive evidence” that the attacks in Pakistan were carried out under instructions from leaders in Afghanistan. Recent attacks in Pakistan included a suicide bombing on a Shia mosque in Islamabad and other attacks in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

    The Taliban’s defence ministry condemned the Pakistani strikes as a “blatant violation of Afghanistan’s territorial integrity” and a “clear breach of international law”, warning that an “appropriate and measured response will be taken at a suitable time”. It added that attacks on civilian and religious sites exposed weaknesses in Pakistan’s security and intelligence.

    The strikes also came days after Saudi Arabia mediated the release of three Pakistani soldiers who had been captured in Kabul during border clashes in October 2025, underscoring the ongoing tension in the region.

    According to the BBC, the strikes highlight the fragile security situation along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border and the ongoing challenges in enforcing the ceasefire.

     

    Afghanistan Pakistan Taliban Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP)
    Previous ArticleCartel henchmen unleash violence after top drug lord killed in Mexico
    Next Article MrBeast Crowned ‘Chief of Development’ in Ghana After $1 Million Community Transformation Mission
    Avatar photo
    Constance Awunor

    Constance Awunor specializes in business, finance and economic developments across Ghana and beyond. She focuses on market trends, entrepreneurship and policies affecting young professionals and emerging industries. Her writing simplifies complex financial topics, empowering readers to stay informed and make smarter decisions. Constance graduated from University of Cape Coast with a degree in Communication Studies. Connect with her at constance@yocharley.com

    Related Posts

    Ebola

    WHO to hold emergency meeting as Ebola deaths rise to 131

    May 19, 2026
    Featured

    Kennedy Agyapong’s daughter wins global award at Yale University

    May 19, 2026
    Featured

    Irish President Catherine Connolly to meet King Charles during UK visit

    May 18, 2026
    Asia

    Trump warns against Taiwan independence after talks with Xi

    May 18, 2026
    Featured Sports

    Crux Global Agency Powers the Entertainment Experience of the 6th Basketball Africa League Across Africa

    May 13, 2026
    Asia

    Trump arrives in China for key talks with Xi Jinping

    May 13, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    By Constance AwunorMay 19, 20260

    A birthday message from Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor to Ebi Bright has sparked widespread reactions on social…

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.