Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » “Legal Twist: Daddy Lumba Estate Case Struck Out Following Daughter’s Objection”
    Entertainment

    “Legal Twist: Daddy Lumba Estate Case Struck Out Following Daughter’s Objection”

    By Ab AdamsJanuary 27, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The family dispute over the estate of late highlife legend Charles Kwadwo Fosu, popularly known as Daddy Lumba, took a dramatic turn on Monday at the Kumasi High Court after a key applicant in the case successfully had her name removed from the legal proceedings.

    Presiding Judge Hannah Taylor granted a motion for misjoinder filed on behalf of Charlyn Fosuh, one of Daddy Lumba’s daughters, removing her name from an application seeking letters of administration for her father’s estate. Charlyn’s lawyers told the court that she had never authorised her inclusion in the case and was unaware of any affidavit sworn in her name.

    According to legal counsel Enoch Afoakwah, Charlyn preferred that all estate matters be handled amicably within the family rather than through prolonged litigation. He said her name had been used without consent, which she viewed as a breach of trust among siblings.

    Under Ghana’s intestate succession law (CI 47), a deceased person’s spouse, children, surviving parents, and customary successor are all eligible to apply for letters of administration. Afoakwah acknowledged that the first applicant in the case ,Daddy Lumba’s widow, Akosua Serwaa Fosuh and the third applicant, Akosua Bimpomaa Fosuh, described as the customary successor, had the legal capacity to pursue the application.

    However, he argued that should the late musician’s children decide to pursue the process, it ought to be led by the eldest son, Calvin Fosuh, in keeping with family hierarchy and tradition.

    The court’s decision to strike out the application linked to Charlyn Fosuh means the overall filing has been derailed, at least temporarily, as the authority to administer the estate remains legally unclear following her removal. It also reflects a broader desire among some family members to resolve matters privately and protect Daddy Lumba’s legacy without further public legal battles.

    This latest legal setback comes amid ongoing disputes within the family over who should manage the late singer’s estate and how his legacy should be preserved. While the widow and customary successor are still positioned to pursue letters of administration, Charlyn’s withdrawal underscores growing complexities in what has become a highly publicised case involving one of Ghana’s most celebrated musicians.

    #yocharley entertainment
    Previous ArticleVice President praises Lands Minister
    Next Article Shedeur Sanders: Rookie Browns QB Joins Pro Bowl Amid Mixed Reviews
    Ab Adams

    Related Posts

    Featured

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026
    business

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026
    Featured

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    Artificial Intelligence

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    business

    GIPS welcomes value for money law, pushes for Procurement Practicing Bill

    May 19, 2026
    Ebola

    WHO to hold emergency meeting as Ebola deaths rise to 131

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    By Constance AwunorMay 19, 20260

    A birthday message from Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor to Ebi Bright has sparked widespread reactions on social…

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.