Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » GRA interdicts five customs officers over cargo transit breaches
    Economy

    GRA interdicts five customs officers over cargo transit breaches

    By Kenneth Nii Tete AnnanFebruary 25, 2026Updated:February 26, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has interdicted five customs officers pending an internal investigation into alleged breaches of transit procedures involving a consignment of cargo. The decision follows preliminary findings from an enforcement operation linked to a consignment of transit cargo that was declared for onward movement to Niger.

    Initial inspections found documentation inconsistencies and potential violations of established customs transit protocols, the GRA said. The investigation is expected to determine the extent of individual involvement and any departures from protocol. Officials say that after the procedure is finished, more administrative action will be taken. The operation that triggered the investigation was carried out between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. It was led by the Deputy Commissioner for Operations with support from the Chief Revenue Officer for Preventive at the Tema Collection, the National Security Revenue Mobilisation Taskforce, and enforcement officers from the Tema Collection and Customs Headquarters.

    However, the trucks were found travelling without the required customs escort, which is a breach of Ghana’s transit regulations. The vehicles, intercepted at different locations last week while reportedly heading to landlocked countries, were carrying cooking oil, spaghetti, tomato paste, rice, and sugar.

    The GRA says the investigation will determine the full facts, including any individual involvement and departures from customs protocols. It added that additional officers may be invited to assist with the investigation if necessary. The authority says appropriate administrative action will be taken once the investigation is completed.

    Previous ArticleAsake emerges as most-streamed artist of all time on Spotify Nigeria
    Next Article Ghana Statistical Service: Building construction inflation drops to 3.9% in January 2026
    Avatar photo
    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan
    • Instagram

    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan is an entertainment writer and pop culture analyst focused on Ghana’s fast-evolving media and celebrity landscape. He covers music, film and viral trends with a sharp editorial perspective, analyzing the stories behind the headlines and their cultural impact. His work blends timely reporting with thoughtful analysis, helping readers understand the business, influence and conversations shaping modern entertainment.

    Related Posts

    Featured

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026
    business

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026
    Featured

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    Artificial Intelligence

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    business

    GIPS welcomes value for money law, pushes for Procurement Practicing Bill

    May 19, 2026
    Ebola

    WHO to hold emergency meeting as Ebola deaths rise to 131

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    By Constance AwunorMay 19, 20260

    A birthday message from Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor to Ebi Bright has sparked widespread reactions on social…

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.