Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Ayra Starr Says Money Is Her Love Language “I Like All Love Languages”

    August 17, 2026

    Dapper Responds as Shallipopi, Seyi Vibez and T.I Blaze Raise Fresh Royalty Allegations

    August 17, 2026

    Peller Finally Gets ₦300 Million G-Wagon After Publicly Asking for One

    August 17, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » Roads Ministry moves to recover $30m from JMC over abandoned project
    Construction

    Roads Ministry moves to recover $30m from JMC over abandoned project

    By Constance AwunorMay 6, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Ministry of Roads and Highways is preparing to take legal action to recover nearly US$30 million from Indian construction firm JMC, following the company’s failure to begin work on a road project after receiving a mobilisation payment.

    Roads Minister Governs Kwame Agbodza said the contractor secured the deal after assuring authorities of its technical and financial capacity. The project formed part of a broader contract valued at about US$158.6 million and was expected to be completed last year.

    However, despite receiving close to US$30 million as mobilisation, the company has not carried out any significant work at the site.

    “There is one unfortunate situation where we paid JMC after parliamentary approval of about US$158.6 million. That project should have been completed last year, but after taking almost US$30 million, they have not done even one per cent of the work,” the Minister said.

    He described the situation as unacceptable and said the government would not tolerate contractual breaches that delay critical infrastructure delivery.

    Mr Agbodza noted that the Ministry is working with the Attorney General to pursue the recovery of the funds through legal means.

    “We intend next week to work with the Attorney General to further pursue getting our money back within the law,” he stated.

    Although the specific project was not disclosed, the Minister stressed that protecting public funds remains a priority.

    JMC is an international construction company with experience in roads, bridges, hospitals and power projects across several countries.

     

    contract breach Ghana roads sector JMC contractor Kwame Agbodza Roads Ministry Ghana
    Previous ArticleWeija Children’s Hospital delayed over procurement dispute
    Next Article Ghana rises to 39th in Press Freedom Index amid structural challenges
    Avatar photo
    Constance Awunor

    Constance Awunor specializes in business, finance and economic developments across Ghana and beyond. She focuses on market trends, entrepreneurship and policies affecting young professionals and emerging industries. Her writing simplifies complex financial topics, empowering readers to stay informed and make smarter decisions. Constance graduated from University of Cape Coast with a degree in Communication Studies. Connect with her at constance@yocharley.com

    Related Posts

    Entertainment

    Ayra Starr Says Money Is Her Love Language “I Like All Love Languages”

    August 17, 2026
    Entertainment

    Dapper Responds as Shallipopi, Seyi Vibez and T.I Blaze Raise Fresh Royalty Allegations

    August 17, 2026
    Entertainment

    Peller Finally Gets ₦300 Million G-Wagon After Publicly Asking for One

    August 17, 2026
    Entertainment

    ShattaFest UK Controversy Continues as Questions Surround the Cancelled Shatta Wale Event

    August 17, 2026
    Entertainment

    Nana Ama McBrown Turns 49 in Grand Style as She Celebrates 25 Years in Ghana’s Entertainment Industry

    August 17, 2026
    Entertainment

    Stonebwoy’s Wembley Show Sparks Fresh Debate Online Fans Question Arena Attendance

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Ayra Starr Says Money Is Her Love Language “I Like All Love Languages”

    By MIchelle DanielsAugust 17, 20260

    The Nigerian singer has sparked reactions after openly revealing that money is one of her…

    Dapper Responds as Shallipopi, Seyi Vibez and T.I Blaze Raise Fresh Royalty Allegations

    August 17, 2026

    Peller Finally Gets ₦300 Million G-Wagon After Publicly Asking for One

    August 17, 2026

    ShattaFest UK Controversy Continues as Questions Surround the Cancelled Shatta Wale Event

    August 17, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Fact-Checking Policy
    • Editorial Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.