Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Police seek arrest warrant over AI-Faked evidence in Kim Soo-hyun defamation scandal

    May 22, 2026

    NHIS to cover four major Mental Health conditions

    May 22, 2026

    8 suspects arrested over killing of Atebubu Queenmother

    May 22, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » Anthony Joshua talks out about the tragic tragedy in Nigeria while fighting back tears.
    Featured

    Anthony Joshua talks out about the tragic tragedy in Nigeria while fighting back tears.

    By Kenneth Nii Tete AnnanJanuary 30, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Anthony Joshua has spoken publicly for the first time since a car crash in Nigeria on December 29 that killed two of his closest friends and team members, Latif Ayodele and Sina Ghami.

    The 36-year-old boxer thanked supporters, first responders, and authorities for their assistance in an emotional video titled “My Brother’s Keeper For Life,” which he shared on his social media and YouTube page. He described the previous month “tragic.”

    Joshua was travelling in the back of an SUV when it struck a stationary truck on a major road near Lagos. He suffered minor injuries and was treated in hospital before returning to the UK to continue his recovery.

    Both Ayodele and Ghami died at the scene. Local authorities later charged the vehicle’s driver with dangerous and reckless driving.

    Joshua spoke calmly and directly straight to the camera in the short video, constantly holding back his tears as he describe the shock of the event and the extent of his loss.

    He described Latif and Sina as “my left and my right”, saying they were more than colleagues and friends. “They were my brothers,” he said. He added that the two men had been housemates, business partners and “major players” in his life.

    Joshua stated clearly that he does not want the moment reduced to legacy talk. Rather, he talked about responsibility and taking care of the men’s families.

    He offered to work with a larger group of friends and coworkers to support their loved ones and to assist their families in “achieving their goals.” “I will act in their best interests,” he declared.

    Alongside his tribute, Joshua used the video caption to thank the many people who helped after the crash. He singled out first responders, the medical staff at Lagoon Hospital, Ikoyi, and individuals who offered logistical support during his recovery.

    He publicly acknowledged the assistance of billionaire businessmen Femi Otedola and Aliko Dangote and thanked senior officials, including the British Deputy High Commissioner in Lagos, as well as federal and state officials in Nigeria, for their involvement and concern.

    Anthony Joshua spoke about the practical and spiritual ways he is coping. He said he found comfort in the belief that Latif and Sina would remain with him in spirit and that prayer and a “higher power” would help him carry on. He also expressed gratitude for the thousands of messages, prayers and public condolences that have arrived from around the world.

    Promoters and team members have said he will take time to recover before any decisions are made about his boxing future.

    Reaction to Joshua’s message has been immediate, with supporters and public figures praising his commitment to the families and noting the dignity of his response.

    accident Anthony Joshua
    Previous ArticleAustralian Open: Alexander Zverev is defeated by injury-plagued Carlos Alcaraz in a thrilling semifinal match.
    Next Article “Marriage counselling isn’t the fix—choosing the right partner is.”
    Avatar photo
    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan
    • Instagram

    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan is an entertainment writer and pop culture analyst focused on Ghana’s fast-evolving media and celebrity landscape. He covers music, film and viral trends with a sharp editorial perspective, analyzing the stories behind the headlines and their cultural impact. His work blends timely reporting with thoughtful analysis, helping readers understand the business, influence and conversations shaping modern entertainment.

    Related Posts

    Artificial Intelligence

    Police seek arrest warrant over AI-Faked evidence in Kim Soo-hyun defamation scandal

    May 22, 2026
    Environment

    NHIS to cover four major Mental Health conditions

    May 22, 2026
    Crime

    8 suspects arrested over killing of Atebubu Queenmother

    May 22, 2026
    Featured Sports

    Black Stars finalise preparations ahead of mexico friendly

    May 22, 2026
    Featured

    NIA moves to make biometric verification mandatory for all transactions

    May 22, 2026
    Celebrities

    Fashion has no rules — Nana Akua Addo supports Dr Likee

    May 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Police seek arrest warrant over AI-Faked evidence in Kim Soo-hyun defamation scandal

    By Constance AwunorMay 22, 20260

    South Korean police are seeking an arrest warrant for a YouTuber accused of using artificial…

    NHIS to cover four major Mental Health conditions

    May 22, 2026

    8 suspects arrested over killing of Atebubu Queenmother

    May 22, 2026

    Black Stars finalise preparations ahead of mexico friendly

    May 22, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.