Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    Yocharley
    X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok
    • Home
    • General News
    • Entertainment
    • Business
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • International News
    Yocharley
    Home » All previously sold public lands to be reviewed for value — Lands Minister
    Featured

    All previously sold public lands to be reviewed for value — Lands Minister

    By Kenneth Nii Tete AnnanJanuary 27, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Minister for Lands and Natural Resources, Emmanuel Armah-Kofi Buah, has announced that all public lands previously sold by the government will undergo a review to ensure value for money.

    Speaking during a visit by the Vice-President to the Ministry, Mr Buah said the government has already begun the process.

    “We began the process of reviewing. One of the things we all heard about was that public lands that the government had taken for specific purposes that now belong to the government, some of them for agricultural purposes, some of them for different purposes, become government property,” he explained. He noted that while certain individuals had been entrusted with the responsibility to protect these lands, there had been instances of abuse.

    “Somehow, the people have been given the charge to protect these lands. But some are abusing it,” Mr Buah added.

    The Minister emphasised that the President is committed to proper management of public lands. “His Excellency the President vowed to make sure that we get it right. I’m happy to tell you that we constituted a team led by my able deputy, and we got cabinet approval to address that in the long term,” he said.

    Warning government officials against misappropriation, Mr Buah stated: “By the time we finish, no government official will even cross with their mind to take public land. Because we will publish your name in every newspaper.” He further revealed that the cabinet has approved a review of all previously sold public lands to ensure transactions reflect value for money and were properly executed.

    “By the way, cabinet has approved our recommendation that all public lands that had been sold are going under review to make sure there’s value for money and process what was done,” he said.

    Mr Buah added: “Those that didn’t finish the process are automatically cancelled. And so we are going on to make sure that we implement to the letter the cabinet recommendation to give confidence to the people of Ghana that we are going to protect public lands.”

    The announcement forms part of the government’s broader efforts to safeguard public resources and restore confidence in the management of state lands, sending a clear message that public property will be protected and mismanagement will not be tolerated.

    Lands Minister Public Lands
    Previous ArticleTop moments from IShowSpeed’s visit to Ghana
    Next Article “10 Wild Moments That Defined IShowSpeed’s Explosive One-Day Tour of Ghana”
    Avatar photo
    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan
    • Instagram

    Kenneth Nii Tete Annan is an entertainment writer and pop culture analyst focused on Ghana’s fast-evolving media and celebrity landscape. He covers music, film and viral trends with a sharp editorial perspective, analyzing the stories behind the headlines and their cultural impact. His work blends timely reporting with thoughtful analysis, helping readers understand the business, influence and conversations shaping modern entertainment.

    Related Posts

    Featured

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    May 19, 2026
    business

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026
    Featured

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026
    Artificial Intelligence

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    business

    GIPS welcomes value for money law, pushes for Procurement Practicing Bill

    May 19, 2026
    Ebola

    WHO to hold emergency meeting as Ebola deaths rise to 131

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Dafeamekpor’s birthday message to Ebi Bright sparks social media surprise

    By Constance AwunorMay 19, 20260

    A birthday message from Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor to Ebi Bright has sparked widespread reactions on social…

    AMA rejects claims of forceful eviction at Makola market

    May 19, 2026

    NDC using arrests to silence critics – Oppong Nkrumah alleges

    May 19, 2026

    Musk vows appeal after losing OpenAI lawsuit amid string of court setbacks

    May 19, 2026
    @2025 Yocharley, Designed by Adoit360.
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.