The top college football teams in the country are in action today, with Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State all playing. These three teams are all ranked in the top 5 of the AP Top 25 poll, and they are all expected to compete for the national championship this season.
Alabama is the defending national champion, and they are coming off of a 52-7 win over Utah State last week. The Crimson Tide are led by quarterback Bryce Young, who is one of the top players in the country. Young threw for 391 yards and five touchdowns in the win over Utah State.
Georgia is ranked No. 2 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 33-10 win over Oregon last week. The Bulldogs have one of the best defenses in the country, and they are led by linebacker Nolan Smith. Smith had 11 tackles and two sacks in the win over Oregon.
Ohio State is ranked No. 3 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 56-7 win over Toledo last week. The Buckeyes have one of the most explosive offenses in the country, and they are led by quarterback C.J. Stroud. Stroud threw for 367 yards and five touchdowns in the win over Toledo.
All three of these teams are expected to win their games today, but they will all face tough challenges. Alabama will be playing at Texas A&M, Georgia will be playing at South Carolina, and Ohio State will be playing at Wisconsin.
Here is a closer look at each of the games:
- Alabama at Texas A&M: The Aggies are one of the best teams in the SEC, and they are led by quarterback Max Johnson. Johnson threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns in the Aggies’ win over Appalachian State last week. The Crimson Tide will need to put pressure on Johnson and force him into mistakes in order to win this game.
- Georgia at South Carolina: The Gamecocks are a young team, but they are improving. South Carolina is led by quarterback Spencer Rattler, who transferred from Oklahoma before the season. Rattler threw for 248 yards and two touchdowns in the Gamecocks’ win over East Carolina last week. The Bulldogs will need to play their best game on defense in order to shut down Rattler and the South Carolina offense.
- Ohio State at Wisconsin: The Badgers are always a tough team to beat at home, and they are led by quarterback Graham Mertz. Mertz threw for 249 yards and two touchdowns in the Badgers’ win over New Mexico State last week. The Buckeyes will need to run the ball effectively and protect Stroud in order to win this game.
These three games are all must-see TV for college football fans. They will feature some of the best players in the country, and they will have a big impact on the race for the national championship.
In addition to the three games mentioned above, here are some other top college football games to watch today:
- Clemson at Wake Forest: Clemson is ranked No. 4 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 41-10 win over Furman last week. Wake Forest is ranked No. 12 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 38-35 win over Liberty last week. This is a matchup of two of the best teams in the ACC.
- Oklahoma at Nebraska: Oklahoma is ranked No. 6 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 52-13 win over Kent State last week. Nebraska is ranked No. 23 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 38-17 win over North Dakota. This is a rivalry game between two of the biggest brands in college football.
- Notre Dame at North Carolina: Notre Dame is ranked No. 9 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 45-20 win over Marshall last week. North Carolina is ranked No. 17 in the AP Top 25 poll, and they are coming off of a 56-24 win over Georgia State last week. This is a matchup of two of the most storied programs in college football.
College football is back, and there is no better way to celebrate than by watching some of the top teams in the country in action today.